Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May

First, this will probably be long.
I just realized it has been over 2 weeks since my last post! May is already here. I am keeping busy and still not getting done what I should of course.
I have been keeping up and getting really good scores in 2 of my 3 classes at UCC, psychology being the exception. Not that it isn't an interesting class but when time is crunched, I have learned that all before and everything else I am learning is just more useful and interesting, to be blunt.
I have been trying to keep tabs on my Grandma as well, took her to a couple DR appointments to get a feel for what is actually going on. She is doing OK for now and we are now making plans for a very soon return for mom. Meaning I am trying to plan a week in June to fly over an help her, and it looks like I may get to stop for a very quick visit with my dear cousin who has been through hell the last month. I am excited for the whole thing really!

So back to midwifery. I have gotten all the phase 1 emails and such taken care of for AAMI and am working my way through my phase one list to finish the required 15 tasks. I got my Helping Hands workbook from the printer today, only 16 bucks to get it printed and bound, they didn't use the binding I wanted, but oh well, much better than trying to work off the damn computer!

This has all really gotten me thinking. It is amazing. I need to start thinking about my two focuses of study. The subjects I most want to specifically become expert in. One directly birth related, and another related subject. WOW I have run so many things through my head. How do you pick. Do I pick something that will be most useful? Or what I am honestly the most interested in, even if it will not be that commonly encountered? I guess I have a year to really figure that out.
I am about 35 pages into Helping hands and it has already really reaffirmed that I am doing the right thing. I am still feeling a bit guilty in many ways, and not as sure of myself that I will be able to assert myself enough to get through what I need to for my training and educations, but I'm working on it. Goes to show the logical brain and the "reality" brain are not working together too well.

I guess I will try to get some sleep, and maybe be forced to reread this with a clear mind later!

No comments:

Post a Comment